Rational Functions/Graphs

Danel1123

Hey everyone,

Help1.jpg

I am having trouble with my homework in math lab and could use some help. There are certain gaps that it is not filling in like how I exactly plug y into f(x). I just, need help with the whole pretty much.

Thank you

Why are you plugging anything into anything else?

Why not just answer the question?

How do you get from [math]\dfrac{1}{x}[/math] to [math]\dfrac{10}{x}[/math]? What operation is required?

Hey everyone,

View attachment 17401

I am having trouble with my homework in math lab and could use some help. There are certain gaps that it is not filling in like how I exactly plug y into f(x). I just, need help with the whole pretty much.

Thank you
One good thing to do is to list the choices in the drop-down boxes and think about what would happen if you did them. For example, one choice may be to stretch the graph. What have you learned about what change in a function stretches the graph, in what direction, and by how much? Does your book (or online content) have an example of this sort? And since this is review homework, was there any earlier homework that might have included examples to teach you the material?

If you can't find the material, here is one source to study: https://www.mathsisfun.com/sets/function-transformations.html