real number system illustration: ice cream sundaes

horsebackgirl53

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: DUE 10/14!!!!! (im sorry it is last minute kinda, my friend told me about this site only today)
i need help please! i have a project in which i have to illustrate the real numbers system. the task says: "create a sketch that illustrates the real number system in context of another concept that has the same relationships as the real numbers system. your sketch must include all parts of the real numbers system ((rational, integers, whole, and natural))" i need an idea. an example was an ice cream sundae: reational #s was ice cream, integers was choclate sauce, whole numbers were sprinkles, and natural numbers was whipped cream;then the irrational numbers was a spoon. ((i cant use that cause that was what the example was to the class)) please reply, even if you think your idea is crazy or bad i might help me think of something. please help i heed ideas!! :D

Re: real numbers system

Where are the negative numbers? Would elevation below and above sea level work? How about a multi-story building with cellars? How about the value of an item bought on credit? Not quite sure what your exact assignment was.