Really confused on how to go about figuring this out

Piiasu

Im doing some statistics homework and this problem has stumpted me, im not really sure where to start or how to go about solving it

2. According to the US Census Bureau, 10% of adults have advanced degrees. I surveyed 600 randomly selected individuals.
a) Describe the sampling distribution of the sample proportion of 300 adults who have advanced degrees.
b) In a random sample of 600 adults, what is the probability that between 8% and 12% of them have advanced degrees. Show your work.

Im doing some statistics homework and this problem has stumped me, im not really sure where to start or how to go about solving it

2. According to the US Census Bureau, 10% of adults have advanced degrees. I surveyed 600 randomly selected individuals.
a) Describe the sampling distribution of the sample proportion of 300 adults who have advanced degrees.
b) In a random sample of 600 adults, what is the probability that between 8% and 12% of them have advanced degrees. Show your work.

I would start with whatever you have learned. What were you taught about the sampling distribution of sample proportion? Look in your textbook or notes and quote it, then fill in appropriate numbers from the problem.