Related Rates Problem (need immediate help)

JessicaOrz

Hi my name is Jess and this is the first time I’m posting here. I had a question that has stumped me and I have no clue how to do. It goes as follows: “A cone of radius 5 cm and height 10 cm is lowered, vertex first into water in a cylindrical tank of radius 20 cm. The vertex of the cone approaches the bottom of the tank at a speed of 1 cm/s. How fast is the water level rising in the tank when HALF of the height of the cone is submerged? Thank you so much for your help and here’s a diagram also.IMG_0553.jpeg

Hi my name is Jess and this is the first time I’m posting here. I had a question that has stumped me and I have no clue how to do. It goes as follows: “A cone of radius 5 cm and height 10 cm is lowered, vertex first into water in a cylindrical tank of radius 20 cm. The vertex of the cone approaches the bottom of the tank at a speed of 1 cm/s. How fast is the water level rising in the tank when HALF of the height of the cone is submerged? Thank you so much for your help and here’s a diagram also.View attachment 36054
Start with the formulas: What is the formula for the volume of a cylinder? What is the formula for the volume of a cone?

Once you have the formulas, complete this sentence: Find ________ when ________,
The first blank is your missing rate (dV/dt, or dr/dt, or something else...), the second blank are your initial conditions. Make sure you differentiate your formula(s) BEFORE you start plugging in values!