Revolving Restaurant Word Problem

babybells96

"The top of the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington is a revolving, circular restaurant. the restaurant has a radius of 47.25 feet and makes one complete revolution in about an hour. You have dinner at a window table from 7:00-8:55 PM. How many feet do you revolve?"

I'm not quite sure how to put all of this information together. If you have an hour and 55 minute reservation and it makes on hour to make a complete revolution, does that mean that you have basically made two revolutions? So, from that point, would you have to factor in the radius somehow? I'm not sure.

Thank you!

"The top of the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington is a revolving, circular restaurant. the restaurant has a radius of 47.25 feet and makes one complete revolution in about an hour. You have dinner at a window table from 7:00-8:55 PM. How many feet do you revolve?"

I'm not quite sure how to put all of this information together. If you have an hour and 55 minute reservation and it makes on hour to make a complete revolution, does that mean that you have basically made two revolutions? So, from that point, would you have to factor in the radius somehow? I'm not sure.

Thank you!

If you are at the outside of the restaurant, then in one revolution, the distance you travel would be the CIRCUMFERENCE of the circle. Do you know the formula for the circumference of a circle?

And in 1 hour 55 minutes, you'd make ABOUT two complete revolutions (we can't be exact because the problem states that it takes ABOUT an hour to make one revolution).

In the time you sit at that window seat, you'd travel a distance that's about two times the circumference of the circle.

If that is not enough information to help you, please repost, showing us exactly what you've done to try to complete the problem.