Riemann sum word problem

nslade18

A mental health center has 300 patients. They admit 100 new patients each month. The fraction of patients receiving treatment for (t) or more months is represented by table below

0/1
3/.5
6/.3
9/.2
12/.1

how many patients are left after 12 months. Use a left endpoint reimann approx

my approx was 6 but how does this equate? Do I tunes it by the initial 300? So 1800?

Last edited:
Please fix the top line that say The fraction of patients receive meant treatment (t) it more months is represented by table below

The fraction of patients receiving treatment for (t) or more months is represented by table below

Do you know how to rad the table, if then please explain so we know that you understand it. I assume that there were initially 300 patients.

Yes the x value or t value in this case is the amount of months passed. The f(t) is the amount of people who stay in treatment for t months

Yes the x value or t value in this case is the amount of months passed. The f(t) is the amount of people who stay in treatment for t months
Which of the listed numbers are t values and which are f(t) values. What are these x-values you speak of?

Which of the listed numbers are t values and which are f(t) values. What are these x-values you speak of?
the t values are the months 0,3,6,9,12. The others are f(t). I know the approximation is right but I don’t know how to answer the question