Sales Levels

sheenalena

What does it mean when sales levels are flat in a sales forecast?

Romsek

I'm gonna guess it means sales levels are projected to remain constant over the duration of the forecast period.

sheenalena

Thanks Romsek.

Looking at the attached. I have an assignment question that has bullet points to address
  • Product sales levels begin at their January 2017 level.
  • Sales of Service A grow at 10% per month until August, then shrink at 15% per month.
  • All other sales levels are flat.
I'm mainly concerned with the third bullet point. Would you say that I would need to change the sales levels for service B and C so that throughout the year its shows 50 for each month on service B and 75 for each month on service C?

JeffM

Elite Member
What is the EXACT wording of the problem?

If we do not know what the question is, how can we POSSIBLY know how to help you answer it!

lev888

Thanks Romsek.

Looking at the attached. I have an assignment question that has bullet points to address
  • Product sales levels begin at their January 2017 level.
  • Sales of Service A grow at 10% per month until August, then shrink at 15% per month.
  • All other sales levels are flat.
If you are supposed to change the values in the table so that the 3 requirements are satisfied then yes, constant 50 and 75 for B and C.

Dr.Peterson

Elite Member
Also, Service A volume, as shown, is not growing 10% per month and then shrinking 15% per month, but instead is growing 20 units per month and then shrinking 20 units per month.

10% growth would look like 100, 110, 121, 133.10, ..., each time multiplied by 1.10.

We really do need to see the problem as given to you, in order to be sure we understand it.