sampling exercise

alepaok4

Hello, can someone solve this exercise?

Suppose you are given an acoustic frequency range of an analog sound wave for one
multimedia application that includes human speech and music between 4-22 KHz.
a. What would be a satisfactory sampling frequency for its digitization
above sound?

Yes, many people on this forum can solve problems like your but no one here is going to post their solution here for you. You have to solve your own problem! Please read the posting guidelines, follow them and post back showing your work so that we can give you some hints that will help you solve your problem.

I did these I just do not know how to replace the formula a) Nyquist Theorem
I would like you to help me with a theorem of what I need to do to complete the exercise
b) 6 (channels) * 120 (seconds) * 2 (bytes) * answer of a

c) x Bytes (answer b) / 21504 Bytes -> so many seconds

How 21504 came about:

168/8 to do Kbits -> Kbytes

and then * 1024 to do Kbytes -> bytes

respectively for ii

Suppose you are given an audio frequency range of an analog sound wave for a multimedia application that includes human speech and music between 4-22 KHz.
a. What would be a satisfactory sampling frequency for digitizing the above sound?
b. What would be the byte capacity of the stored digital audio if it lasted 2 minutes and you used a 16 bit sample size on a polyphonic (5: 1) audio channel?
c. How long would it take to download the above digital audio file via an internet connection at an average speed of (i) 168 Kbits / sec (ii) 24 Mbits / sec?