SAT Blue Book Test 1 Section 3 Question 18

wlkid9

Hi, I am new to this website and I'm not even sure what type of problem I am working on is. It's definitely not algebra and it may or may not be calculus but no other section fits. Any mods, if you need to please direct this post to the appropriate section.

The shaded region in the figure above is bounded by the x-axis, the line x=4, and the graph of y=f(x). If the point (a,b) lies in the shaded region, which of the following must be true?

You will need to see the diagram so you'll need to see the Blue SAT Book.

Edit: I need help from the start.

wlkid9 said:
Hi, I am new to this website and I'm not even sure what type of problem I am working on is. It's definitely not algebra and it may or may not be calculus but no other section fits. Any mods, if you need to please direct this post to the appropriate section.

The shaded region in the figure above is bounded by the x-axis, the line x=4, and the graph of y=f(x). If the point (a,b) lies in the shaded region, which of the following must be true?

You will need to see the diagram -- True

so you'll need to see the Blue SAT Book -- Not True; you need to send it.

Edit: I need help from the start -- that is probably true.

Why not scan the page, cut out (with your computer, not scissors) the picture, and find a way to send it.

And 'which of the following must be true" does not mean much without some 'followings'.

Try this again.

daon said:
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/757174-some-math-problems-help-needed.html

Problem is I don't have a scanner and that link to college confidential website doesn't have a complete explanation.

wlkid9 said:
daon said:
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/757174-some-math-problems-help-needed.html

Problem is I don't have a scanner and that link to college confidential website doesn't have a complete explanation.

How about drawing the dang thing in paint brush or something? Have a Camera? Camera-phone? Friends with either of these? If you want help, you'll find a way :wink: