Shape of object

Hamza Haider

Hello. I was assigned a math project and was told to find a real-life object and finds it's volume. I chose this object but I don't know which object it is. It has the structure of a cube it circle faces. I need help finding its volume and maybe surface area. Thanks

void cube.jpg

Hello. I was assigned a math project and was told to find a real-life object and finds it's volume. I chose this object but I don't know which object it is. It has the structure of a cube it circle faces. I need help finding its volume and maybe surface area. Thanks

View attachment 18758
How complex should the object be? This one might be somewhat challenging. Can you pick something else?
I would look for objects that consist of identifiable shapes, e.g. a cube with cylindrical cut out. You can calculate the volume of the cube and the cylinder using the usual formulas, then calculate the object's volume by (?)

Maybe too easy? So, what's the shape?
I think it's a cube but each middle is empty. like the last shape but without cylinder holes. plus if in school we just started with taking 3D objects so if I do this, this isn't like with the lessons we took. It would be a bit advanced for what we took. So this is solved by finding the volume as if it was a normal cube then the middle I would count them as rectangles then I subtract the rectangles from the cube volume right?

I think it's a cube but each middle is empty. like the last shape but without cylinder holes. plus if in school we just started with taking 3D objects so if I do this, this isn't like with the lessons we took. It would be a bit advanced for what we took. So this is solved by finding the volume as if it was a normal cube then the middle I would count them as rectangles then I subtract the rectangles from the cube volume right?
Yes, regarding subtracting volumes. Note, that a rectangle is a planar shape, the corresponding 3d shape is called something else.