Slope

Zelda22

Hi. I'm confused. I was told to check my answer. I did and keep getting the same 1/4 or 0.25

y=m x

45=m (180)

m= 45/180

m= 0.25

Please help. Where is my error? Thanks

Attachments

• Slope per click.png
    Slope per click.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi. I'm confused. I was told to check my answer. I did and keep getting the same 1/4 or 0.25

y=m x

45=m (180)

m= 45/180

m= 0.25

y=m x

45=m (180)

m= 45/180

m= 0.25

You're saying, I think, that the program rejects 0.25 as an answer.

Unless it is simply wrong (which does happen), the only alternative I see is that they could (very oddly) be thinking of clicks as a function of cost, in which case the answer would be 180/45 rather than 45/180. I very much doubt that, but you could try it.

Or maybe they just require units? But they'd tell you that.

The division is correct, anyway. Can you tell us what the whole problem is?

-Dan

You're saying, I think, that the program rejects 0.25 as an answer.

Unless it is simply wrong (which does happen), the only alternative I see is that they could (very oddly) be thinking of clicks as a function of cost, in which case the answer would be 180/45 rather than 45/180. I very much doubt that, but you could try it.

Or maybe they just require units? But they'd tell you that.
I asked how should I enter my answer as a fractional name or positional name? and I got this reply "It doesn't matter. But if I were you, I'd recheck your answer. "

Sorry, some how this is a duplicate post,

is the original post with the question.

they could (very oddly) be thinking of clicks as a function of cost
Not sure what they're thinking, but they've said C "is dependent on" the click count, so I think it's a goof to not accept 1/4 or 0.25 as the slope.

:(

[imath]\;[/imath]