solution du prolème de Dirichlet

mona123

solution du prolème de Dirichlet

I want to unswer the following problem please help me:

Let $G:=\left\{z\in \mathbb{C},\;-a<Re\;z<a,\;-b<Im\;z<b\right\}$, where $a,b>0$.

Suppose that $f:\partial G\to\mathbb{R}$ is a continuous function satisfifying $f(\bar z)=-f(z)$,$\;z\in\partial G$.

Show that the solution $u$ of the Dirichlet problem in $G$ with the boundary values $f$ satisfies $u(\bar z)=-u(z),\; z\in \bar G$. In particular $u(z)=0$ when $Im\;z=0,\;z\in \bar G$.

Thanks in advance.

I want to unswer the following problem please help me:

Let $G:=\left\{z\in \mathbb{C},\;-a<Re\;z<a,\;-b<Im\;z<b\right\}$, where $a,b>0$.

Suppose that $f:\partial G\to\mathbb{R}$ is a continuous function satisfifying $f(\bar z)=-f(z)$,$\;z\in\partial G$.

Show that the solution $u$ of the Dirichlet problem in $G$ with the boundary values $f$ satisfies $u(\bar z)=-u(z),\; z\in \bar G$. In particular $u(z)=0$ when $Im\;z=0,\;z\in \bar G$.

Thanks in advance.
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

This is what i wrote;

The solution $u$ of the Dirichlet problem in $G$ with the boundary values $f$ is given by: $u:\bar{G}\to \mathbb{R}$ with

$ u(z) = \frac{1}{2\pi} \int_{0}^{2\pi} \frac{1-|z|^2}{|1 - e^{-it}z|^2} f ( e^{it}) \, dt, \qquad z \in {\mathbb{G}}. \tag{1}$

Then for all $z \in {\mathbb{G}}$

$ u(\bar z) = \frac{1}{2\pi} \int_{0}^{2\pi} \frac{1-|z|^2}{|1 - e^{-it}\bar z|^2} f ( e^{it}) \, dt=-\frac{1}{2\pi} \int_{0}^{2\pi} \frac{1-|z|^2}{|1 - e^{-it}\bar z|^2} f ( e^{-it}) \, dt, \qquad z \in \bar{\Bbb{G}}. $. car $f(z)=-f(\bar z)$ pour tout $z\in\partial G$
And i am blocked here.Help me please .

This is what i wrote;

The solution \(\displaystyle u\) of the Dirichlet problem in \(\displaystyle \ G\) with the boundary values
f is given by: \(\displaystyle u:\bar{G}\to \mathbb{R}\) with

\(\displaystyle u(z) = \frac{1}{2\pi} \int_{0}^{2\pi} \frac{1-|z|^2}{|1 - e^{-it}z|^2} f ( e^{it}) \, dt, \qquad z \in {\mathbb{G}}. \tag{1}\)

Then for all \(\displaystyle z \in {\mathbb{G}}\)

\(\displaystyle u(\bar z) = \frac{1}{2\pi} \int_{0}^{2\pi} \frac{1-|z|^2}{|1 - e^{-it}\bar z|^2} f ( e^{it}) \, dt=-\frac{1}{2\pi} \int_{0}^{2\pi} \frac{1-|z|^2}{|1 - e^{-it}\bar z|^2} f ( e^{-it}) \, dt, \qquad z \in \bar{\Bbb{G}}\) because

\(\displaystyle f(z)=-f(\bar z)\) for every \(\displaystyle z\in\partial G\)
And i am blocked here.Help me please .
I have cleaned up the preceding post and translated the French.

Last edited: