Solve from x

RandomUser8649764

1623542592326.png
So, I've been able to do very little, only able to cancel out some es with lns, to get
1623542684040.png
After that, I don't know what to do.

Attachments

• 1623542640808.png
    1623542640808.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
This problem was already posted in Intermediate/Advanced Algebra earlier
this morning by RandomUser8649764, and Jomo commented about it.

This problem was already posted in Intermediate/Advanced Algebra earlier
this morning by RandomUser8649764, and Jomo commented about it.
It wasn't. This one is different. there is not x² in the right hand side in this one, but there was in the last.

Please answer my questions. What reason do you have to think these problems are solvable algebraically? (Or are you satisfied with a numerical solution?) What is their source? Can you show us an image of the original so we can be sure they are copied correctly?

Please answer my questions. What reason do you have to think these problems are solvable algebraically? (Or are you satisfied with a numerical solution?) What is their source? Can you show us an image of the original so we can be sure they are copied correctly?
It is not an internet source, but it looks like this
1623597363638.png
I don't know if it can be solved algebraically at all. I just know the the question asks, "solve the following for x"

Ref: response #7
What is their source?

Can you show us an image of the original so we can be sure they are copied correctly?

Ref: response #7
What is their source?

Can you show us an image of the original so we can be sure they are copied correctly?
I did.

1623597363638.png
is the original

I did.

1623597363638.png
is the original
So it was given to you in handwritten form? By whom? (That is, what is your relationship with this person?)

The question specifically asks to solve for x. It does need to be solved algebraically.
Then, what numerical methods do you know? Or are you allowed to use sites such as the two we've mentioned?

And why was the problem given to you?

It was not printed ever. I got it from some one who sent like this. This is the original form. This is how I got it.
You said in an earlier post that it can be solved algebraically. How do you know that if you cannot do it? I suspect you are wrong.

You said in an earlier post that it can be solved algebraically. How do you know that if you cannot do it? I suspect you are wrong.
What I received was "solve for x" and nothing else. I might be wrong, everyone I've spoken to since having said that (both here and in the real world) have told me it can't.

What I received was "solve for x" and nothing else. I might be wrong, everyone I've spoken to since having said that (both here and in the real world) have told me it can't.
No. What you have been told is that people doubt it can be solved algebraically. Have you tried Newton’s method?

By the way, we do exist in the real world.