Solving Multi-Step Equations: 2m+8-4m=28

math87690

I am so sorry the problem was 2m+8-4m=28. Once agian I am so so sorry. And Thank You agian!

This equation works just like the other one. Follow the same steps. The other thread gave you a complete worked solution, plus the check. Work this one the same way.

If you get stuck in following the example and explanation, please reply showing the steps you have tried. Thank you.

Eliz.

Could you show me how to do the problem step by step please. Here is the problem 2m+8-4m=28.

start by combining the like terms on the left side of the equation ...

Follow the same steps as before:

i) Combine the "like" terms on the left-hand side.

ii) Move (by addition/subtraction) the non-variable term to the right-hand side. Simplify.

iii) Divide through (by -2) to get the final answer.

If you get stuck, please reply showing your work. Thank you.

Eliz.

I am sorry to bother you agian but I am stuck I will show you what I did. Here is the problem agian 2m+8-4m=28 then I took 2m+(-4m) and I did that to 4m to and that cancled each other out. And that equaled -2m+8=28 so then I subtracted 8 form 8 and that cancled each other out and I also took 28 subtract 8 and that equaled 20 so then I had -2m=20 then I divied -2 by2 and it cancled them out and then I divided 20 divided by -2 and I go m=-10. And when I checked it didn't work out to be equal on each side.

To check the solution to any "solving" problem, plug it back into the original exercise, and see if it works. In your case:

. . . . .2m + 8 - 4m, for m = -10:

. . . . .2[-10] + 8 - 4[-10]

. . . . .-20 + 8 + 40

. . . . .-20 + 48

. . . . .28

The solution "checks", which confirms that you worked the exercise correctly.

Good work! :D

Eliz.