Sorry am I being thick?

mjg060468

I am trying to work out what I need to sell a product for to return me a commission which equates to 50% of the net premium paid by a customer

Cost price of product = £57 ex VAT
Current Sales Price inc VAT £200
Current sales price ex VAT £166.67
Current Profit = £109.67 which equates to 66% of retail premium

I need to work out what I need to sell the product for to return me a commission of 50%

I am sure I am being really thick but it has got me stumped

VAT is "mysterious" on this side of the pond!

Found the following example by googling:
............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Dulce is an expensive candy manufactured and sold in the country of Alexia. Alexia has a 10% value-added tax.

1.Dulce’s manufacturer buys the raw materials for $2.00, plus a VAT of $0.20 – payable to the government of Alexia – for a total price of $2.20.
2.The manufacturer then sells Dulce to a retailer for $5.00 plus a VAT of 50 cents for a total of $5.50. However, the manufacturer renders only 30 cents to Alexia, which is the total VAT at this point, minus the prior VAT charged by the raw material supplier. Note that the 30 cents also equals 10% of the manufacturer’s gross margin of $3.00.
3.Finally, the retailer sells Dulce to consumers for $10 plus a VAT of $1 for a total of $11. The retailer renders 50 cents to Alexia, which is the total VAT at this point ($1), minus the prior 50-cent VAT charged by the manufacturer. The 50 cents also represents 10% of the retailer’s gross margin on Dulce.
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Does your VAT work the same?