SPAM Volume is Down

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
In addition to the posted evidence, we report spammers' registration information to appropriate anti-spam databases. This probably helps, but we still see a lot a spam.

About 90 days ago, I also began contacting the businesses, to complain directly. My hope is that these businesses will in turn contact their SEO services to cancel their contracts.

Based on the numbers since, complaining directly to the businesses seems to be an effective way to get spammers to go somewhere else.

The chart shows the number of daily spam reports submitted manually.

stats.JPG

Please continue to use the post-reporting link, to flag posts which seem suspect. We will investigate.

The post-reporting link appears near the lower-left corner of each post; it looks like a black triangle containing an exclamation point.

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
In addition to the posted evidence, we report spammers' registration information to appropriate anti-spam databases. This probably helps, but we still see a lot a spam.

About 90 days ago, I also began contacting the businesses, to complain directly. My hope is that these businesses will in turn contact their SEO services to cancel their contracts.

Based on the numbers since, complaining directly to the businesses seems to be an effective way to get spammers to go somewhere else.

The chart shows the number of daily spam reports submitted manually.

View attachment 4362

Please continue to use the post-reporting link, to flag posts which seem suspect. We will investigate.

The post-reporting link appears near the lower-left corner of each post; it looks like a black triangle containing an exclamation point.

Cheers :cool:
Wow! That's a significant find! Just eyeballing - Jan2014 - May 2014 the average is 18 - 20. Then may 2014 - Aug2014 the average is about 2! That is a 90% reduction.