Split - Best deal

Jamie Collins

Yena is buying soda for a surprise party for Nino’s birthday (which is in 140 days). She can go to the vending machine and buy 12-oz cans for $0.84 each, to the corner store to get 20-oz bottles for $1.20 each, or to the grocery store to get 32-oz jugs for $2.24 each. Which is the best price per ounce?

I am also confused on this one. Like I said...I suck at simple interest and finding anything like this. I have asked my teacher but still do not understand. Thanks for helping.

Yena is buying soda for a surprise party for Nino’s birthday (which is in 140 days). She can go to the vending machine and buy 12-oz cans for $0.84 each, to the corner store to get 20-oz bottles for $1.20 each, or to the grocery store to get 32-oz jugs for $2.24 each. Which is the best price per ounce?

I am also confused on this one. Like I said...I suck at simple interest and finding anything like this. I have asked my teacher but still do not understand. Thanks for helping.
Okay a simpler problem to work as stepping stone:

Jamie purchased two (identical) trousers for $25. How much was the purchase price of one of the trousers?

You bought a 6oz container for $6. What is the price per oz?