split - Terms and Sequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

margie

You have 30 tubs of yeast. At the end of each day a small quantity of yeast is used to make two additional tubs of yeast from each of the 30 tubs of yeast.She then made 50 tubs of yeast. This routine was repeated each day.

a) give the difference equation for generating the number of tubs of yeast at the start of the day.
b) list the number of tubs of yeast for the first four days
c0 find the number of tubs of yeast needed at the very start of this procedure so that the number of tubs at teh start of each day remained constant.

I'm going with "this makes no sense". My first clue is the change in person. Why does the question change from "one" to "she"? Are we mixing two questions? Let's see if we can't get the whole EXACT question, eh?

Also, let's see if we can't get just a bit of effort shown by you. What are your thoughts. How do you plan to tackle it?

tkhunny: i have been going through the advice given to be my most of the wonderful help on this site. I have been putting in a WHOLE lot of effort. I have been working my butt off trying to catch up on weeks and weeks of work- not only in maths but english. So yeah, i am making an effort.

margie said:
tkhunny: i have been going through the advice given to be my most of the wonderful help on this site. I have been putting in a WHOLE lot of effort. I have been working my butt off trying to catch up on weeks and weeks of work- not only in maths but english. So yeah, i am making an effort.

You failed to address the issues at hand.

1) What is the problem statement. As presented, it makes no sense.
2) SAYING you are putting in effort is not the same as SHOWING you are putting in effort.

margie said:
DON'T need to PROVE to YOU that im making the effort.
YES - YOU DO!!

Otherwise we do not know where to start - since the original problem statement does not make much sense.

Examining your efforts - will guide us to the "intent" of the "poorly stated" problem.

It is not, in general, possible to help one find the answer when the question has not been provided.

margie said:
GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okey-doke. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.