Squeeze theorem problem

coooool222

I am in dire confusion of this question. We have not learned derivatives yet, I am learning the squeeze thereom.
Here is the problem

1664253504533.png
Work:
-1 =< sin x/9 =<1
-1/x =< (sin x/9)/x =< 1/x
= undefined?????????

I am in dire confusion of this question. We have not learned derivatives yet, I am learning the squeeze thereom.
Here is the problem

View attachment 34147
Work:
-1 =< sin x/9 =<1
-1/x =< (sin x/9)/x =< 1/x
= undefined?????????
I don't think this is a squeeze theorem problem!

Have you learned the special limit [imath]\displaystyle\lim_{x\to0}\frac{\sin(x)}{x}[/imath]? That is usually taught as a fact to learn and apply.

I don't think this is a squeeze theorem problem!

Have you learned the special limit [imath]\displaystyle\lim_{x\to0}\frac{\sin(x)}{x}[/imath]? That is usually taught as a fact to learn and apply.
When x==>0 sin x / x = 1
Multiply it by 1/9 its 1/9?

When x==>0 sin x / x = 1
Multiply it by 1/9 its 1/9?
You would have to change it to
[imath]\dfrac{sin \left ( \dfrac{x}{9} \right ) }{ \left ( \dfrac{x}{9} \right ) } = 9 \cdot \dfrac{ sin \left ( \dfrac{x}{9} \right ) }{x}[/imath]

-Dan

You would have to change it to
[imath]\dfrac{sin \left ( \dfrac{x}{9} \right ) }{ \left ( \dfrac{x}{9} \right ) } = 9 \cdot \dfrac{ sin \left ( \dfrac{x}{9} \right ) }{x}[/imath]

-Dan
Wouldn't that be sin x/9x?

I tried graphing the equation and its telling me the limit is undefined. But then other sources are saying its 1/9.

Wouldn't that be sin x/9x?
No, it isn't really that. You could change variables, letting u=x/9, and it would be the limit of sin(u)/(9u). You'll need to learn how to properly show your work (and how to write your work carefully so that you can avoid mistakes).
I tried graphing the equation and its telling me the limit is undefined. But then other sources are saying its 1/9.
Can you show us your graph, and why it looks undefined to you? I suspect you may have a wrong idea about what makes a limit undefined (or else a wrong graph). Rather than defer to "sources", you should try to understand how things work (and why you first impressions are wrong).

No, it isn't really that. You could change variables, letting u=x/9, and it would be the limit of sin(u)/(9u). You'll need to learn how to properly show your work (and how to write your work carefully so that you can avoid mistakes).

Can you show us your graph, and why it looks undefined to you? I suspect you may have a wrong idea about what makes a limit undefined (or else a wrong graph). Rather than defer to "sources", you should try to understand how things work (and why you first impressions are wrong).
Oh wait I forgot. If there is a discontinuity in a graph the limit is still there but the function itself isn't defined.
1664299091770.png
It's approaching 0.111 = 1/9.