Standard Deviation Word Problem help

MathGirl123

Six people were asked how many times they went to the movie theatre to watch a movie. Give a possible set of six numbers which result in a standard deviation of 1.

Six people were asked how many times they went to the movie theatre to watch a movie. Give a possible set of six numbers which result in a standard deviation of 1.
In your other post, you were asked to share your work/thoughts with us.

You didn't!!

We ask again - please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Hello MathGirl. Before posting again, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum's guidelines (aka: Read Before Posting announcement); you may start with this summary. Thank you! :cool:

Hey, sorry I ended up finding the answer to the other question, so I didn't reply to the thread.

For this one, I really have no clue how to approach the question. I thought about setting the standard deviation formula equal to 1 and solving, but there are too many variables that need to be defined.

… I ended up finding the answer to the other question, so I didn't reply to the thread …
As a courtesy to volunteers in the forum (as well as for future students reading your threads), please finish your threads by posting a final reply.

If you have an answer, we'd like to see it. If you have time to post a few lines of work or explain how you solved an exercise, that will help others interested in the same topic.

Cheers :cool: