Standard normal distribution

Anonymos

The equation says 1.8, but under the graph it says 1.85 and he also uses 1.8 and 5 on the normal distribution table to find his answer .4678
So I was just wondering how the 5 comes into the equation.
1637286898272.png
Thank you in advance for your time.

The equation says 1.8, but under the graph it says 1.85 and he also uses 1.8 and 5 on the normal distribution table to find his answer .4678
So I was just wondering how the 5 comes into the equation.
View attachment 29797
Thank you in advance for your time.

I'd like to see the context, to see where the numbers come from. That can be important. Also, if this is from a textbook or online equivalent, it may well explain what they are thinking!

But my guess would be that they rounded down the actual value of z, which was 1.85, because their table only allows one digit in z. Again, they probably say something about that.

Okay, thankyou very much for your help.

Now that I look closer at the problem (literally), I realize I said it backward. Since they have 1.85 both in the graph and in the table lookup, they surely omitted the 5 in the inequality. (I think that's what Harry means: left out the 5.)

I really wish you would show the statement of the problem so we could have a better idea what is going on here. But one way or another, I'm sure it's an error in what you were shown, not in your thinking.

Yes, sorry, I have re-watched the video and found it was a presentation error rather than a mathematical one.
Thank you for your help though.