Statistics True/False Questions

BuddyrX

Need help on completing these questions. Answer is either true or false for the following:image.png

Please show us what help you need! Tell us your thoughts for each question, and why you aren't sure of your answer. Then we can help. Otherwise, all we could do is to tell you the answer and bypass the point of the exercise, which is for you to learn to think.

You might start, if you haven't already done so, by looking up the definitions you have been taught for "inference", and so on.

Ah ok. I understand. Here are the answers that I have come up with so far:
1. True (I think I am quite confident in this answer)
2. True? (I know that correlated variables cause multicollinearity, but does multicollinearity violate the independence assumption?)
3. False (From what I saw on the internet, correlation does not imply causality)
4. True? (I know if B1=0, that results in a horizontal line on a graph, which I am pretty sure means x and y are unassociated. But CLOSE to 0? I'm not sure..
5 and 6 are where I get a bit stumped. Specifically when it comes to the wording that involves whether the null hypothesis is true or false. I know that if the p value is small, you reject the null in favor of the alternative. If the p value is large, you fail to reject the null. But does that necessarily mean the null is true/false when it comes to p value size?