defeated_soldier

Here is a problem,

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 008av1.jpg

when it says "sells out Rs 20,000 stock at Rs
Code:
93 5/8
at 3% dividend "

what it means ?

I know that if you buy a share , at the of the year or sometimes when company gets profit , you will get some dividend ...........BUT in this case , he is selling the stock .....how can he get dividend ?

could you please rephrase the meaning of the above text ?

"he invests the proceeds in 4% at RS
Code:
101 7/8
"

proceeds ? whats this ? is it a stock exchage term ......i searched dictionary but its silent.

i will not able to understand this term .....please rephrase it in simpler words .

Basically , i was not able to understand this question and hence not able to solve it.

I have fair idea in stocks and shares BUT the question asked here is difficult to percept.

It really would be nice if you could include at least the textual portions of your questions.... :?

Rajendra sells Rs. 20000 stock at Rs. 93 <sup>5</sup>/<sub>8</sub> at 3% dividend. He invests the proceeds in 4% at Rs. 101 <sup>7</sup>/<sub>8</sub>. Find his change in income.
Note: We're math tutors, not investment counsellors. If your book does not discuss, or at least define, its own terms, then there may be little that we can do.

Thank you.

Eliz.

stapel said:
It really would be nice if you could include at least the textual portions of your questions.... :?

Eliz.

I have added everything . the full questions itself....there is no other information let .....kindly please look at the screenshot i have posted ........ what else you need ?

i tried to add the portion in this forum BUT how to do that ? the image url tag in the forum not working.

How you are doing it ? plesase tell me the secret , i'll use it next onwards.

defeated_soldier said:
I have added everything.
Actually, all you "added" was a link to the image, so tutors could go find the exercise, and bring it back here. It might be nice if you started typing the exercises out.

defeated_soldier said:
How you are doing it? plesase tell me the secret....
What "secret"? I'm typing. That's why the result is text, rather than an image, or a link to an image.

Eliz.