Success rate for every attempt in strange game?

sergio1971

Hi my son had recently this class-assignment;
In a box there are 100 balls, 27 of them are red and the others 73 are white. You have only 10 attempts to take out a red ball, but every time you take out a ball if it is white to put it inside the box again. So in every attempt 100 balls are inside the box. If after 10 attempts all balls were white, you start over.
You have a 27% of probability of success to get a red ball every 10 attempts but if you play this game infinitely, would there be a different success rate for each different attempt (1st, 2sd, 3rd, 4th and so on)or all attempts will have on average the same number of success?

Any thoughts?

Regards

You have a 27% of probability of success to get a red ball every 10 attempts
Hi sergio. Each time one of the 100 balls is removed, the probability of picking a red ball is 27%. Is that what you meant to say?

would there be a different success rate for each different attempt … or all attempts will have on average the same number of success?
Is that the assignment question? I'm not sure what your son has been asked to do.

Does the game end, when a red ball is removed?

Please share your son's thoughts about this assignment, also. Thanks!

:)

[imath]\;[/imath]

Hi sergio. Each time one of the 100 balls is removed, the probability of picking a red ball is 27%. Is that what you meant to say?

Is that the assignment question? I'm not sure what your son has been asked to do.

Does the game end, when a red ball is removed?

Please share your son's thoughts about this assignment, also. Thanks!

:)

[imath]\;[/imath]
Otis, thank for your reply,
I was asking for what a remember the question to be, but my son laughed at my incompetence, I mixed the problems, in this particular case, they are talking about probability distribution.
In t
he box are 111 balls and only 3 are red and the rest are white. that's why you have a 27% probability to take out one red ball after 10 attempts.

The game ends when a red ball is taken out, the winning attempt number is noted and the game star over or if after 10 attempts all balls were white, you start over.

For what he has understood, they want to know if;

If the experiment were repeated indefinitely;
Over the long term ALL winning attempts (from 1st until 10th) will occur on average the same number of times or not and why.

Regards and excuse my previous post