sum of 2 numbers is 44; bigger is 3 times smaller; find numb

jeepluv

the sum of two numbers is 44. the bigger number is 3 times the smaller number. what are the two numbers?

Assume

The numbers are 'x' and 'y'

Given

the sum of two numbers is 44

then

x + y = 44...........................................................(1)

and

the bigger number is 3 times the smaller number

then

x = 3y...........................................................(2)

Now use (1) & (2) to solve for 'x' and 'y'

jeepluv said:
can i get some help

You want somebody to solve your problem in five-minutes...

If you had that much eagerness - while studying - you would not have to ask people to solve your problem.

Next time - if you want quick help - show some work

i happen to like math and so i show a lot of interest in it i was just eager because i have to get ready to do somthing else in a minute

but thanks for the help

jeepluv said:
...because i have to get ready to do somthing else in a minute
Sincere apologies from everybody; we should have known :cry:

jeepluv said:
i have to get ready to do somthing else in a minute
Since you are needing guaranteed immediate answers, you will need to contract with a service which offers such. There is no paid staff waiting on-hand to provide instand replies here; the volunteers surf by as they are able.

This is true of most, if not all, free services. To have a guaranteed lock on somebody else's time, you would, naturally, need to have paid for that person's time. At a free service, posters should expect to wait hours, if not days, for an online response.

Note: Many online "services" offering quick answers to homework are a bit dubious. It would probably be wise to use your mom's credit card with the lowest credit limit, in case you happen to chose one of the "bad" homework mills.

My best wishes to you. :D

Eliz.