Systematic counting

lfj

How would I go about solving the question : How many odd numbers greater than 60,000 can be made using the numbers 2,3,4, and 5?

Thanks

How would I go about solving the question : How many odd numbers greater than 60,000 can be made using the numbers 2,3,4, and 5?
This is one of the strangest counting problems I have encountered.
You will need six digit numbers ending in either 3 or 5.
For example: 525443. Count them. Post your result!

Thanks
Seems infinite to me! The count will include, for example, 2,222,222,222,222,222,222,222,222,225.

Did you quote the problem correctly? And does the second occurrence of "numbers" mean "digits", or not?

Thanks
The question is idiotic. If you are talking about the numerals 2,3,4, and 5 each used once in an integer expressed in decimal notation, the largest odd integer is 5423, meaning zero greater than 60000.

I suspect that something else is meant.

Last edited:

Who gave you the question? From where did the question come? It is supposed to mean using those numbers once
each, and no others, yes? What are the limits on the operations and other symbols?

If you cannot answer these questions, then we should ignore the question. This would be a time-waster, not to mention
ignoring our resources to be used on other problems.