Target to increase SLAs

dizzimare

Evening and apologies as I expect this is very easy but Im confused. I have been asked to work out the following and Im struggling with the concept.
Target is to increase Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Increase up to 4.99 = Met target
5-9.99 = exceeded target
10 and over = outstanding

Current target SLA is 98% so the difference is 2% (to a 100%) so I need to work the increase on the 2%. For example if my SLA was 99% what is the increased percentage based on my target? I just cant see the wood for the trees on this at and any pointers in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

I'm thinking there are at least six ways one might go about such a thing. To narrow down what you need, it is important to understand what it is you are doing. At the moment, it sounds very difficult to improve 4% when you are already at 98%. Thus, more understanding of exactly what it is you are doing is required.

In addition, it makes no sense to "increase the SLA". Do you mean "increase your SL", since the SLA is set in stone. It's your actual service level that we are trying to measure. We can't move the SLA.

I should probably say it a bit better. The aim is to increase the current SLA of 98% by 4.99% and if they hit that they have met their target, If they get between 5 and 9,99 % theyve exceeded it and if they get >10% theyve been oustanding.
I'm thinking there are at least six ways one might go about such a thing. To narrow down what you need, it is important to understand what it is you are doing. At the moment, it sounds very difficult to improve 4% when you are already at 98%. Thus, more understanding of exactly what it is you are doing is required.

In addition, it makes no sense to "increase the SLA". Do you mean "increase your SL", since the SLA is set in stone. It's your actual service level that we are trying to measure. We can't move the SLA.
Thank you for responding it is greatly appreciated. Yes Service Level sorry. Got my head around it I think. Currently their SLA target is 98% but theyve been told to increase the SL by the client. If they increase this target based on the 2% (to get to a 100) they will be rag rated

up to 4.99% = Met target
5-9.99 = exceeded target
greater than 10 = Outstanding

So if they were to increase they would need to look at
5% of 2% = 0.098 to to achieve the exceeded target they would need to achieve an SL of 98.098%

But Im struggling to work it the other way around.
as they will have the final % of 98.098 and I need to put in a column what the increase % was (ie 5% in this example)

Im so sorry to trouble you and I am confident once I figure a formula out I can do teh rag ratings etc. I wasnt sure if excel had a function to do this or not.

Still not very clear.

If you are at 98%, there is only 2% to go. No way around that. Thus, a 4% increase is out of the question.

Perhaps, if we said "decrease the failure rate" rather than "increase the compliance rate"?

With 98% compliance, there is a 2% failure. This we can deal with.
5% of 2% is, indeed 0.1% ==> Increase from 98% to 98.1%
10% of 2% is 0.2% ==> Increase from 98% to 98.2%

In practice, it is very difficult to change a long-standing SL, so these numbers seem like they might be reasonable.

Thus:
0.0% <= SL < 98.0% is a dismal failure.
98.0% <= SL < 98.1% is acceptable.
98.1% <= SL < 98.2% is excellent.
98.2% <= SL <= 100.0% we get to throw a party.

Just guessing. Dr.Peterson inspired me to try to make sense of the problem statement, rather than just complain about it. :)