thank you i solved the problem

icyhot,

imo you need to do significant amounts of studying/catching up regarding your course material.

getting answers to homework questions, and being able to produce the solution on your own, are two entirely different things.

Read your book, speak to your teacher or a friend, stare at the problem some more, and learn algebra. (simplifying should not be a skill so much at this point as a reflex. if you have issues here, consider if you need calculus)

I'm in the ninth grade and am trying to approach calculus. I thought that this site could guide me through the topic...?

I'm sorry, but FreeMathHelp's tutoring forum is just that: a tutoring forum.

To obtain the private instruction you seem to be requesting, your parents will need to hire a tutor local to your area. By spending a few hours a week with this tutor, you should be able to learn calculus, up to where these questions are, inside a couple of months.

My best wishes to you.

Eliz.

icyhot2590 said:
I'm in the ninth grade and am trying to approach calculus. I thought that this site could guide me through the topic...?

Well that changes my respose earlier slightly.

The purpose of this forum is to give a step or two, maybe an brief explanation of the topic at hand to assist learning only. (however some members give full or nearly complete solutions for, which is not the purpose of this forum)

there is a lot of material that is covered between grade 9 and calculus. While it is possible to begin learning calculus with a basic knowledge of polynomials and functions, you will find yourself stuck when trig, logarithms, exponentials, solving systems of equations, polynomial division and other topics that are introduced.

While it is not as exciting as Calculus, you should really learn the fundamentals of mathematics before continuing.

Besides, if we were to give you the answers to the questions you come across, that means that you aren't learning calculus so much as answering questions with large amounts of assistance. The whole point of self-study is to struggle a lot to find the answer, and you will remember it forever.

ChaoticLlama said:
...The whole point of self-study is to struggle a lot to find the answer, and you will remember it forever.
Well said! :D

Eliz.

Re: simplyfy y' = (3^x 3x^2 - x^3 ln(3) 3^x)/(3^x)^2

Hello, icyhot2590!

You've differentiated \(\displaystyle \L\,y\:=\:\frac{x^3}{3^x}\) ... but the algebra is tripping you up.
Completely understandable!

How do i simplyfy: \(\displaystyle \L\:y' \:= \:\frac{3^x\cdot3x^2\,-\,x^3\cdot\ln(3)\cdot3^x}{(3^x)^2\)

Factor: \(\displaystyle \L\:y' \:=\:\frac{3^x\cdot x^2\cdot[3\,-\,x\cdot\ln(3)]}{(3^x)^2}\)

Reduce: \(\displaystyle \L\:y' \:=\:\frac{x^2\cdot[3\,-\,x\cdot\ln(3)]}{3^x}\)