The Central Limit Theorem

Also, the distribution in (c) is approximately normal (since n=40>=30). This is the Central Limit theorem.
The distribution in (a) is NOT normal.
Ohno... Why did we use 1.5 then from (a)......? Or does it not matter because the distribution for (c) is normal

Ohno... Why did we use 1.5 then from (a)......? Or does it not matter because the distribution for (c) is normal
That's right it doesn't matter what distribution (a) is. That's what's good about the central limit theorem. The original distribution can be anything, but the distribution of sample means will be approx normal when n>=30. (sorry had an important phone call)

That's right it doesn't matter what distribution (a) is. That's what's good about the central limit theorem. The original distribution can be anything, but the distribution of sample means will be approx normal when n>=30. (sorry had an important phone call)
OH!!! Oh yeah I totally forgot about that... thank you so much for all of your help!!!

Glad to help. You seem to understand a bit better now. It is a difficult concept to grasp. I'm going offline now. Let me know if you have any issues with (e).