The "Oops! We ran into some problems." Error Message

mmm4444bot

Super Moderator
Has anybody seen this error message, while navigating to pages or submitting a post?

I got that last night when I tried posting the content that you sent me that kicked you off the site. Otherwise I have not seen that message. But, I have gotten a message twice today that the server was offline, but immediately trying again it went away.

I've been seeing it a lot, the last two days. I see it when trying to post, when clicking a forum link or button, or when trying other various options. (I haven't started keeping a list, yet.)

At first, I would simply back out and start over, and then my post was accepted or the link worked. Starting over isn't really working for me, anymore.

By the way, I still can't post that thread (made four attempts). I'm going to try doing it piecemeal, as I can't seem to figure out which character string is upsetting the server.

I got that message yesterday.

I was at the bottom of the "members' listing by join date" (forgot how I "got there")
and a few members had join dates BEFORE Jun/2002.
Clicked on a few and got the message.
Looks like somehow wrong years were accepted back when!!

I got that message yesterday.

I was at the bottom of the "members' listing by join date" (forgot how I "got there")
and a few members had join dates BEFORE Jun/2002.
Clicked on a few and got the message.
Looks like somehow wrong years were accepted back when!!

If you find out how you got there, please let me know, because I have yet to find that particular hidden gem. :)

Sorry Mark and Mark: simply can't remember how I accidentally got to the
bottom of the members' listing.
All I remember is that there was about 20 members with join dates prior to 2002,
and got that weird message from clicking on 'em.

Can't a simple "search program" be written to find 'em??
I know, I know...none of my business :)

I have not found a way to view a list of all members at all. Perhaps it was enabled at one point, but is now disabled.

… Can't a simple "search program" be written to find 'em??
Sure, we could get some customized options and tools (Mark also has a XenForo setup and writes code), but only administrators may access the forum's database, now, so Ted or an appointee would need to develop/implement programs.

I won't be digging any more graves in the potter's field, by the way, until Super Moderators are able to access usernames (beyond the various links that you see in the forum.)

PS: To avoid future confusion between Mark and Mark, feel free to call me markbot. ?

Edits: reworded post, additional comment
\(\displaystyle \;\)

Last edited:
HOKAY u guys, remembered!

Go to any topic: make it 1st one: Arithmetic
You will see the number of pages: 1,2,3.....116 (116 is the actual last page of posts)
Click on the 116
....and you'll see them li'l mudders

They ALL appear under date Dec.31,1969

Whole lot of them at other sections: Int/Adv Algebra
has last 5 pages (710 to 714) full of them.

So, you're talking about posts, and not members. That date has to do with when the Unix epoch began. It likely happened during the database migration.

Well, that message is not so bad after all...
on the other version, they had us wait,
saying they'd "get to it" after they finished their pizza, didn't they??!!