The total value of withdraws, made on her account during the Day?

math 2019

12123 I don't know what to do for question ii) .Help me please I'm lost, I don't know where to begin with. I have an exam tomorrow on this topic, so I require a bit of help because I had been sick a lot , so I missed a lot of school, so I missed the topic
Thanks for answering the question

View attachment 12123 I don't know what to do for question ii) .Help me please I'm lost, I don't know where to begin with. I have an exam tomorrow on this topic, so I require a bit of help because I had been sick a lot , so I missed a lot of school, so I missed the topic
Thanks for answering the question
What did you get for answer to question(i)?

I'll try to explain my answer. I recently started learning Maths so I might be wrong, but I'll do my best. Also I'm sorry for my English skills.

Lets say she has x amount of money in her account in the beginning of question. As she writes 4 cheques(5,50+23,40+7,80+12,50), she loses 49.2 euros. Now she has x minus 49.2

And then she withdraws 200 euros from ATM. So her bank account goes 200 euros less, which makes x minus 249.2 in total with the first four cheques.

After that, she lodges the 3/4 of the money she withdraw from ATM. In order to find this you should find what is 3/4 of 200.

You can find it by (200x3)/4=150 Euros

So we should subtract 150 Euros from the loss of money (249.2 euros) because it is back again. 249.2-150=99.2 Euros.

Money in the account compared to the start(x) is x minus 99.2 euros now.

Then she also lodges an amount of money that is worth 70% of four cheques, which were 49.2 in total. We do the same and find 70 percent of 49.2.

70 percent of something is equal to 7/10 of it. So we can do the same and multiply it by 7, then divide by 10 in order to find how much that amount is equal to.

(49.2x7)/10 equals 34.44 Euros. This is the amount we will subtract from 99.2 Euros as it is also back in the account now.

99.2-34.44=64.76 euros

At the end of day, it says her balance is 938.90, after losing 64.76 euros during the day as we calculated.

We can find the money she had in her account in the beginning from x minus 64.76 = 938.90
x=1003,66 euros.
But this is not asked so we can skip this information.

(i) is 49.2 euros. We just add the value of four cheques to find it I guess.
(ii) is the value of four cheques(i) plus 200 euros she withdraw from ATM. So it's 249.2 I guess.

Don't forget this is an answer from a beginner so I might be wrong, but it seems correct to me.

Last edited:
It's correct/ Thanks for your effort.
I appreciate so much.
And don't say I'm a beginner because it was advanced explanation.