The triangle midsegment theorem

Faye

B2A1EEDD-13F6-426E-A9B0-913FDECAE843.jpeg
I don’t understand how to do this? If anyone could offer advice, I would appreciate it. I completely understand the mid segment theorem, but the teacher didn’t explain this in detail, do I just plot these points and connect them?
Thanks

Let's plot those points and join them as follows:

fmh_0021.png

Now, one side of the triangle will have a side that passes through point \(K\) and will be parallel to segment \(\overline{JL}\), and twice as long as this segment, with \(K\) at its midpoint. Can you find two of the vertices of the triangle?

Hello. If you'd like to review some videos on this, you'll find some by googling keywords find vertices triangle given midpoints.

Cheers ?

View attachment 11466
I don’t understand how to do this? If anyone could offer advice, I would appreciate it. I completely understand the mid segment theorem, but the teacher didn’t explain this in detail, do I just plot these points and connect them?
Here completely different way to go.
Say the vertices of the triangle are : \(\displaystyle A:\,(x_A,y_A),\,B:\,(x_B,y_B),~\&~C:\,(x_C,y_C)\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{cases}\dfrac{x_A+x_B}{2}=-2 &,\quad \dfrac{y_A+y_B}{2}=0 \\\dfrac{x_A+x_C}{2}=0 &,\quad \dfrac{y_A+y_C}{2}=2 \\\dfrac{x_C+x_B}{2}=-4 &,\quad \dfrac{y_C+y_B}{2}=1 \\\end{cases}\)
At first it appears that there are too many variables.
But note that \(\displaystyle y_A=-y_B~\&~x_A=-x_C\).

How did you plot those other points? Slope?

Yes, each side of the triangle is parallel to the side opposite the vertex of the inner triangle through which it passes, and is twice as long.