This is new software. Let's hear what you think.

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
Fire away, folks. What needs to be fixed? What's missing? What broke?

Of course the first thing I notice is the missing LaTeX button from the post editor toolbar. :)

Of course the first thing I notice is the missing LaTeX button from the post editor toolbar. :)
Yep the bbcode toolbar changes got lost... working on it
edit - [MATH]fixed[/MATH] it

This may or may not be intentional, but I don't have permission to view user profiles.

Also, what are you plans for the react system?

I like what I see so far, but have not used any LaTeX in a response yet.

This should be fixed

Yes, it is. I posted on your profile to test [MATH]\LaTeX[/MATH] and it does not render. I will update my addon ASAP to get that working, and attach it in our conversation.

Yes, it is. I posted on your profile to test [MATH]\LaTeX[/MATH] and it does not render. I will update my addon ASAP to get that working, and attach it in our conversation.
Mark, I see the LaTeX correctly on my profile page where you left a message. But that makes me wonder... do I even want people to post to others' profile pages?

Mark, I see the LaTeX correctly on my profile page where you left a message. But that makes me wonder... do I even want people to post to others' profile pages?

Okay, yes it renders when the page is loaded, and it's already there, but when I submitted the profile post, it wasn't rendered when the post was added to the page via AJAX. Either way this should be addressed, but if you are going to disable profile posting (which many XF admins do as I found out from a recent discussion at TAZ), then I won't be in as much of a rush to get it done. A good number of admins see the profile posting as kind of useless/redundant. Personally, I would leave it enabled, but it won't bother me at all if it's disabled. I rarely use it myself.

For now I'm leaving profile posts enabled but only users with at least five posts can post their own or add comments.

… profile posts enabled but only users with at least five posts can post their own or add comments.
Good call. That threshold ought to allow us to detect all fake members who sneak in covertly, before they can plaster garbage on profile pages. ?

Good call. That threshold ought to allow us to detect all fake members who sneak in covertly, before they can plaster garbage on profile pages. ?

And what cool, is the latest profile posts show in the sidebar on the index page so we can easily keep abreast of what's being posted on profiles. 8-)