Tracking progression trend of body and fat weight changes

zoazim

Hello

I have been trying to figure out how to track if my weight loss is either trending postive or negativ. That is;
I want to loose FAT mass, but keep my Lean Body Mass (LBM, all that is not fat).

I have been tracking the weight in Kilo and fat percent, well, in percent ;)

So how do I figure out a positive trend in my (chart) data?

- LBM loss is bad. LBM gain is good
- Fat Mass loss is good. Fat Mass gain is bad.
- Fat loss and LBM gain is best
- Fat gain and LBM loss is worst

example numbers of body measurement, from month to month(ca.)

Kilogram (KG) - Fat % - LBM (KG)
------------------------
72,5 - 23 - 55,8
71,5 - 21,6 - 56,1
70 - 20,4 - 55,7
68,2 - 19,5 - 54,9
67,2 - 18,8 - 54,6

(I know nothing of statistics, other that common sense)
Thanks! :)

I'm not certain what your question is. If it is just "am I losing fat", that's easy- yes, "23; 21,6; 20,4; 19,5; 18,8" is obviously trending downward. If you want to include gain or lose in "Lean Body Mass", that's not yet a mathematics question. Before it is you will have to say how one is to be weighted against the other. And that is a question in physiology.

Hi

Thanks for answering.

I would like to see how _much_ difference fat and LBM loss/gain is in a given period. F.ex:
-10 kg FAT and +1 KG LBM is significantly better then; -1 kg FAT and +1 kg LBM.

So I want to track these fluctuations differently. Its not just about loosing general weight but loosing the right weight, i.e fat
smile.png

The last chart I made(attached), was ok I think, but I would like to get hard numbers out as result of this, which can be made as a single line chart.

So I can quickly see which period had the best output (= most LBM gain and most Fat Loss)

Thanks again.

Attachments

• LBM-FM-changes.JPG
    LBM-FM-changes.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 0