Transitive Property

defnite

I am writing an essay using the transitive property as an overview of my argument. In the essay, I state that "In mathematics, the transitive property posits that if conditions hold true for a series of events, future events will likely have the same outcome as long as these conditions remains unchanged."

In essence, I am trying to making a distinction between transitory and temporary.

"In mathematics, the transitive property posits that if conditions hold true for a series of events, future events will likely have the same outcome as long as these conditions remains unchanged."
What is the source?
And what is your question?

I am writing an essay using the transitive property as an overview of my argument. In the essay, I state that "In mathematics, the transitive property posits that if conditions hold true for a series of events, future events will likely have the same outcome as long as these conditions remains unchanged."

In essence, I am trying to making a distinction between transitory and temporary.
I don't think I've ever seen that meaning for "transitive property". Where did you get it from?

I also don't think there's any connection between "transitive" and "transitory" (apart from the Latin root, which is also shared with "transit" and "transition"). How does the former help in understanding the latter? I'd have started with the definitions of "transitory" and "temporary", focusing on actual uses of those words.

As far as I know, in mathmatics, a RELATION can have Transitive property. In general, it is NOT a temporal property.

For example, the transitive property of equality is:

If A = B and B = C then A = C.

I do not understand your statement!