State sinB, cosB, tanB as ratio for the following triangle

answer:
soh cah toa

sinB = O/H = 8/17
cosB= a/h= 15/17
tanB= o/a= 8/15

please check answers

thanks12279

You've switched 'opposite' and 'adjacent', for angle B.

The side opposite angle B is 15.

The side adjacent to angle B is 8.

Rotate the diagram, if you need to.

?

okey here my answer please check if my answers correct

sinB = o/h = 15/17 =. 015224549

cosB = a/h= 8/17 = 0.058251062

tanB = o/a =15/8 = 0.03273661

Please show how you got those decimals. They are all very wrong, though the fractions are right.

okey here my [corrected] answer ...
sinB = o/h = 15/17 = 0.015224549
cosB = a/h = 8/17 = 0.058251062
tanB = o/a =15/8 = 0.03273661
The ratios are correct, but your evaluations are not.

PS: Were you asked to report decimal approximations to eight or nine places?

?

The ratios are correct, but your evaluations are not.

PS: Were you asked to report decimal approximations to eight or nine places?

?

sinB = o/h = 15/17 = .882352941

cosB = a/h = 8/17 = .470588235

tanB = o/a =15/8 = 1.875

correct ?

... correct ?
Hi! We already told you that your ratios are correct, so you must be asking about the decimal approximations.

? I used a calculator to check them; you can, too.

PS: You didn't answer my question, but I'm thinking it's not necessary to approximate to the nearest billionth of a unit. (For most trig homework, rounding to four decimal places is good enough.) Cheers

?

Note that the question said, "State sinB, cosB, and tanB as ratios (fractions) for the following triangle".

So decimals were not required, and there is no need to determine how many decimal places to show!

But it was good that you showed decimals, because they indicated that you had some misconception about the answers! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out what it was that you did; some of your decimals look as if you might have taken trig functions of the ratios; or maybe you treated the ratios as degrees and converted to radians; but none of those actions yield the exact numbers you showed. If you have any remaining uncertainty about what you did, let us know what you were doing then.

Note that the question said, "State sinB, cosB, and tanB as ratios (fractions) for the following triangle".

So decimals were not required, and there is no need to determine how many decimal places to show!

But it was good that you showed decimals, because they indicated that you had some misconception about the answers! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out what it was that you did; some of your decimals look as if you might have taken trig functions of the ratios; or maybe you treated the ratios as degrees and converted to radians; but none of those actions yield the exact numbers you showed. If you have any remaining uncertainty about what you did, let us know what you were doing then.

Good eye, did not pay attention to that..

thanks

Hi! We already told you that your ratios are correct, so you must be asking about the decimal approximations.

? I used a calculator to check them; you can, too.

PS: You didn't answer my question, but I'm thinking it's not necessary to approximate to the nearest billionth of a unit. (For most trig homework, rounding to four decimal places is good enough.) Cheers

?

thanks