triangles

ksteve

solve the triangle if possible. angle B=45.9 degrees, angle c=113.2 degrees and side b=26.30
a) angle a=18.9 degrees, side a=33.66 and side c=15.06
b) angle a=20.9 degrees, side a=13.06 and side c=33.66
c) angle a=18.9 degrees, side a=35.66 and side c=13.06
d) angle a=20.9 degrees, side a=15.06 and side c=35.66

What is the relationship between the sides and the angles? (Usually, sides are one letter case and angles are the other, but your exercise seems to mix them. So you'll need to specify what the relationship is here.)

What law(s) have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Thank you.

Eliz.

im stuck on the whole thing. am i supposed to use a formula to find the answer? i know a right angle measures 90 degrees, and the sum of the measures of 2 complementary angles is 90 degrees. So should i use one of those?

Have you met these?

Pythagorean Theorem
Law of Cosines
Law of Sines

Those could be important.

i am given angle B = 45.9º and angle C = 113.2º, and side b 26.3. To solve the triangle i know i must find the other measurements -- angle A and sides a and c.

Since all three angles of any triangle add to 180, the first thing i can find is angle A. Angle A = 180 - (angle B + angle C)

Next, i am given both angle B and angle C, and i know side b, so i can use those ratios to find side c.

side b = side c
------ -------
angle B angle C

Finally, i used a different pair of ratios to find side a.
therefore, is the correct answer choice b?

ksteve said:
i am given angle B = 45.9º and angle C = 113.2º, and side b 26.3. To solve the triangle i know i must find the other measurements -- angle A and sides a and c.

Since all three angles of any triangle add to 180, the first thing i can find is angle A. Angle A = 180 - (angle B + angle C)

Next, i am given both angle B and angle C, and i know side b, so i can use those ratios to find side c.

side b = side c
------ -------
angle B angle C

Finally, i used a different pair of ratios to find side a.
therefore, is the correct answer choice b?

The procedure outlined is correct. What answer(s) did you get for angle A and sides a and c? Then we'll be able to say if you are right or not.