Trig calc: how to do y = cot(e^7 x^2), y = sin(ln[6x^2])

incubar

I need help understand how to do these problems step by step

y=cot(e^7x^2)
and
y=sin(ln[6x^2])

It could help if there were an actual problem statement.

y=cot(e^7x^2)
and
y=sin(ln[6x^2])
find y' for each sorry about the confusion

Where are you struggling? Do you have the Chain Rule? Do you know the intermediate pieces?

(d/dx)cot(x) = [-csc(x)]^2

(d/dx)x^2 = 2x

(d/dx)sin(x) = cos(x)

(d/dx)ln(x) = 1/x

That's all you need. Let's see what you get.

well i don't know really how to arrive at the answer because i've been sick and haven't been able to go to class and need to learn it

incubar said:
well i don't know really how to arrive at the answer because i've been sick and haven't been able to go to class and need to learn it

Sorry about your sickness.

Now that you are well, you need to get the textbook - look at some example problems - and begin to learn. We do not know how far you have learnt - we do not know exactly where you are stuck - and without those we do not know how to begin to help you.

Do you know the equations tkhunny presented?

Do you know the chain rule - and the product rule of differentiation?

If you don't - learn those first - do some easier problems to get used to using those.

Then show us your work - explain to us where you are stuck - we can unstuck you.

tkhunny said:
Where are you struggling? Do you have the Chain Rule? Do you know the intermediate pieces?

(d/dx)cot(x) = [-csc(x)]^2..............small typo .......(d/dx)cot(x) = -[csc(x)]^2

Right. I even went back to fix that before the initial submission. It appears I missed.