Trig World Problems Please Help Tonight

boston1234

1.From a hang glider approaching a 5000 ft clearing the angles of depression of the opposite ends of the field measure 24 degrees and 30 degrees. How far is the hang glider from the nearer end of the field?
2.From the top of an office building 72 ft. high, the angle of elevation to the top of an apartment building across the street is 31 degrees. From the base of the office building, the angle of elevation is 46 degrees. How tall is the apartment building
3. Two wires bracing a transmission tower are attached to the same location on the ground. One wire is attached to the tower 10 m above the other. The longer wire is 30 m long and the angle of inclination of the shorter wire is 53 degrees. To the nearest tenth of a degree what angle does the longer wire make with the ground?

boston1234 said:
2.From the top of an office building 72 ft. high, the angle of elevation to the top of an apartment building across the street is 31 degrees. From the base of the office building, the angle of elevation is 46 degrees. How tall is the apartment building?
Ok; I'll do this one WITH you.
Code:
                      C

x

A                     E

72                   72

B                     D
AB is office building; CD is apt building; x = height of apt building - 72 ; clear nuff?

Angle CAE = 31 degrees; angle CBD = 46 degrees; both are givens ; ok?

And we have right triangles AEC and BDC (with equal bases AE and BD); ok?

I'll wait till you confirm that you follow that.
And at same time, let me know if you're familiar with the Law of Sines.
This can be quickly solved with the law of Sines.