Trying to create a formula/equation involving summation/triangle numbers

Superchad

Apologies if this is technically not an algebra type question but I am not too sure what it would come under and algebra makes most sense as im trying to come up with an equation in some form.

Lets say I discover a new element. I decide for every ounce i sell, starting at $5 I will increase the price of the next ounce by $5, and we can figure out how much I have earned via the summation formula. Now here comes the tricky bit. What if i restricted purchases to minumum of 1 ounces and a maximum of 1.5 ounces per customer transaction, meaning they can purchase 1.5 ounces, but they will have to wait until someone else purchases anywhere between 1-1.5 ounces before they can buy again.

I have a customer with deep pockets. He intends to buy every chance he can at the maximum ounce amount. He is willing to spend no more than $1,000,000 overall. Every second purchase will be his for 1.5 ounces whatever the price (prices are not gradual they are fixed, so 1.5 ounces of the first purchase will be 1x5 plus 0.5x10). Every purchase of those who decided to buy inbetween his purchases is always the minimum of 1 ounce (so the second purchase is 0.5x10 + 0.5x15). My goal is to figure out how many ounces my customer will buy for his $1,000,000.

Is there a formula i can use to generalise this if i have fixed ounce purchases, fixed purchasing intervals and of course maximum spend for my customer? Thanks for all assistance.

Apologies if this is technically not an algebra type question but I am not too sure what it would come under and algebra makes most sense as im trying to come up with an equation in some form.

Lets say I discover a new element. I decide for every ounce i sell, starting at $5 I will increase the price of the next ounce by $5, and we can figure out how much I have earned via the summation formula. Now here comes the tricky bit. What if i restricted purchases to minimum of 1 ounces and a maximum of 1.5 ounces per customer transaction, meaning they can purchase 1.5 ounces, but they will have to wait until someone else purchases anywhere between 1-1.5 ounces before they can buy again.

I have a customer with deep pockets. He intends to buy every chance he can at the maximum ounce amount. He is willing to spend no more than $1,000,000 overall. Every second purchase will be his for 1.5 ounces whatever the price (prices are not gradual they are fixed, so 1.5 ounces of the first purchase will be 1x5 plus 0.5x10). Every purchase of those who decided to buy in between his purchases is always the minimum of 1 ounce (so the second purchase is 0.5x10 + 0.5x15). My goal is to figure out how many ounces my customer will buy for his $1,000,000.

Is there a formula i can use to generalize this if i have fixed ounce purchases, fixed purchasing intervals and of course maximum spend for my customer? Thanks for all assistance.
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem