Trying to find way to Calculate unsual angle

Rookio

Hi Guys,
I'm an architecture student trying to figure out how to calculate the angle at which two pieces of plasterboard need to be mitred in order to achieve a clean cut. This is for accurate presentation in drawing software that gets altered with a few variables. I have attached a picture to try and explain what i'd like to do.

In the picture the 2 red lines are the outside of the plasterboard, one on a raked ceiling, the other on a wall. The two pieces meet at an angle to form a neat mitre.

I know the pitch of the ceiling (20°) , the distance from a known right angle (450mm) and the thickness of the plasterboard sheet (10mm)

I suspect we can acurately calculate the angle of the mitre...but i haven't been able to come up with a solution

Any pointers to get me in the right direction would be a huge help.
Thanks
Angles1.PNG

So my first thoughts are that i will need to determine multiple triangles. and somehow use these to figure out a relationship between thickness of the sheet and the pitch of the roof in order to determine the mitre angle? But after that little tidbit.. i'm a bit lost.

I have added another picture zoomed in to further clarify what i have. Showing the known 10mm and the known 20° pitch. I can draw this up and measure the angles no problem, but that doesn't help me calculate the angle for variouse pitches etc.

Thanks guys :)

Angles2.PNG

What you show is correct; you need to bisect the angle between wall and ceiling.

That angle is 20 + 90 = 110; half of that is 55 degrees, and the complement of that is 90 - 55 = 35 degrees.

That's all it takes, unless I'm missing something. The thickness of the sheet is irrelevant, unless the two sheets were different.

That's so typical for me, trying to overcomplicate things.
So simple now that you point it out to me and yes it works perfectly.
Thank you Dr.Peterson