Turning the equation in favor of (n) value

Denis_Gj

Please can anyone help on how can I turn around this equation in order to find (n)? thank you

1599679871768.png

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem. View attachment 21521

Well as you can see I have figures out from the geometric progression equation until to to this point. and I am stuck into this. So normally it would be with formulas but I have replaced already all values and also simplified the equation from the original one. So this is where I am stuck and I am not able to see a way on how to put the equation in function of (n) value. I think its smth algorithmic but I am not able to see through that

Well as you can see I have figures out from the geometric progression equation until to to this point. and I am stuck into this. So normally it would be with formulas but I have replaced already all values and also simplified the equation from the original one. So this is where I am stuck and I am not able to see a way on how to put the equation in function of (n) value. I think its smth algorithmic but I am not able to see through that
Surely you can simplify further - the denominators are "inverted integers".

Simplify and put all terms with n one side and number on the other side of the equation.

Let's see what falls out.....

Two fractions have the sam denominator! Can you please add those fractions.

You posted this problem under calculus so I assume you are in calculus. But you are having trouble with very basic arithmetic.

There is not anything wrong with a student not knowing arithmetic but you need to know it if you are in calculus.

Two fractions have the sam denominator! Can you please add those fractions.

You posted this problem under calculus so I assume you are in calculus. But you are having trouble with very basic arithmetic.

There is not anything wrong with a student not knowing arithmetic but you need to know it if you are in calculus.
Indeed they have in this case. but lets say they might not have it. so, the problem would be like this:

1599722169238.png

So, the above i got from the following base formula after making the calcs in my case:

1599722216018.png

So in the normal case, the denominator would not be the same. This is where I am facing troubles mainly.

So would need to turn all of it around and have like this: n = ...........

I do not think an algebraic solution would work in this case. Would you have any suggestions on how to turn the equation in favor of n when there are three unknown variables (a,b,c)?

Indeed they have in this case. but lets say they might not have it. so, the problem would be like this:

View attachment 21539

So, the above i got from the following base formula after making the calcs in my case:

View attachment 21540

So in the normal case, the denominator would not be the same. This is where I am facing troubles mainly.

So would need to turn all of it around and have like this: n = ...........

I do not think an algebraic solution would work in this case. Would you have any suggestions on how to turn the equation in favor of n when there are three unknown variables (a,b,c)?
If you are looking for:

n = f(a,b,c)

It is not possible. However, 'n' can be estimated through numerical approximation - for given numerical values of a,b,c,r.