Two Dimensional Geometry

BillyA1985

Hi All

Can anyone help with these problems? I am terrible at this :(

41DDD8D1-BE7C-4FA8-8479-BF4344424B71.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. Parts d) and e) in the first question each have similar triangles.

Do you have a specific question about part d)?

If you haven't learned about corresponding sides of similar triangles and how to use their lengths (including an unknown length) in ratios to form equations, you can google similar triangles to find lessons and examples. Otherwise, please tell us how far you got, so we know where you're stuck. Cheers

?

Question d I need to evaluate y and for question e I need to evaluate x and q2 I need to find m angle. Do you have time to show me the answers so I can try and figure it out?

Hint: in q2, concentrate in corner where the 165 degrees angle is shown;
look for possibility of creating a 15 degrees angle...

Question d I need to evaluate y and for question e I need to evaluate x and q2 I need to find m angle. Do you have time to show me the answers so I can try and figure it out?
O.K. Here are answers.But to receive any further you yourself must post reasons why they work..

d) \(\displaystyle \frac{y}{5.5}=\frac{3.3}{2.1}\) Why does that work? Please be complete!

e) \(\displaystyle \frac{5x}{5}=\frac{3x}{4x}\) Do explain

... show me the answers so I can try and figure it out ...
There's no reason to figure out the concept of similar triangles by working backwards (from the answer) because there are free lessons all over the Internet which explain the concept.

Here is a basic lesson. Let us know, if you need help understanding any of the steps. Cheers

?