Two forces, 120N and 200N, act on a body and make a 52-degre

KEReno22

I am having difficulty in setting up and beginning this problem. I have no idea what to do. Here is the problem:

Two forces, 120N and 200N, act on a body and make a 52 degree angle with each other. What is the magnitude of the resultant forces and what is the measure to the nearest degree, of the angle that it makes with the 200N force?

Thanks for your time and help.

KEReno22 said:
I have no idea what to do.
So this wasn't covered at all in your book, nor in your class, and you're requesting links to lessons...?

Thank you.

Eliz.

No problems like this are in my text, and then Professor has not gone over how to do this type of problem, although he did assign it as a homework problem. Links to lessons would be helpful along with some help in setting up the problem so I know where to begin, as I have a bunch of problems like this and need to know where to start so I can at least attempt the problems.

Thanks.

I'm not a physics instructor, so I wouldn't want to attempt specific advice, but there do appear to be many sites that are at least related to this exercise.

Eliz.

Use the cosine law to find the resultant force. Then draw the triangle of the three forces.