Underlying Assets Owned at a Certain Stakelevel in a Mutual

hpdog259962

Greetings All!

I am looking for assistance in verifying a formula I wrote up is actually accurate to what I am trying to do.

I think it's right and just wanted to have someone glance it over.

The intention : To review the inner assets of a mutual co-op (which themselves are in multiples, and of different values), and calculate the amount of those inner assets which would be assessable at a certain stakelevel amount.

Here is what I have.

(The value of the stake multiplied by the fraction of the aggregate value of the specific asset against the value of the whole), divided by (The aggregate value of the asset divided by the amount of that specific asset)

So here's how I'm thinking it.

The value of the stake is multiplied by the fraction of the value of the holding vs the whole which would give us the value of the stake parted out throughout all the different assets.

At the same time we also have the aggregate value of a certain asset divided by the amount of if that asset, which gives us the value for a single unit.
We then divide the value of the single unit from the value which was fractioned off the person's stake to that specific asset, which would give us how many of each asset would be owned by a person at a specific stake amount in the mutual.

Correct? Am I close? Out in the middle of the lake with a rubber duck inner tube? Or should I be back on the tablets? You decide.

Thanks in advance!!!!

What are “inner assets”?

What do you mean that they are “multiples”?

Although I am quite familiar with mutual institutions as they operate in the U.S. I have no idea what you mean by “assessable” in the context of a member of a mutual institution.

So the group mutually owns things in benefit of the stakeholders. It is those items that I am considering the inner assets. The tangible items that can be bought or sold.

Multiples I mean that it is not just one item of each type. There could be thousands of the same item. For example the mutual has 30,000 of one item, valued at 1,781,400 total. And 120,000 of another item valued at 1,662,000 total. The individual price per isn't known directly but can be calculated from the total value of a specific item divided by how many of those items are.

I am basically looking at, if in total x amount of an item are owned (say 30,000 and 120,000 using the 2 examples from above) in total. How many would someone own indirectly of each have x amount of a stake.

There are 182 different items in it, so I am trying to derive a formula that can work while taking into account all of those, and can work as the different item could fluctuates over time. That's where the percentage of total aggregate value of item / asset of the total value of the mutual comes into play in my mind.

I hope this helps.

What are “inner assets”?

What do you mean that they are “multiples”?

Although I am quite familiar with mutual institutions as they operate in the U.S. I have no idea what you mean by “assessable” in the context of a member of a mutual institution.

I’m still not sure of what you are really asking. But if your stake is 0.1% of the co-op, then it is as though you have a 0.1% stake in each individual asset owned by the co-op. The old term was an undivided interest.

I am asking basically that, but attempting to calculate it to a tangible number of each asset. Being such a low number, most would be "0", but some of that which are certainly concentrated within the co-op and have low per unit value price (some being $1), that would have to be some of integer. I am seeing how that would be split up and attempting to make a formula to be used in this manner.

First, you need to know the value of each asset. You can't calculate the value of your share of the asset unless you know what the value of the asset is. Make sense?

Second, you need to know what is your percentage share in the co-op as a whole.

Third, apply that percentage to the value of each asset. That is all there is to it.