Universal Control Co. Kames industrial control units....

Kristen_Opp

Universal Control Co. Kames industrial control units. Their new models are the Argon I and the Argon II. To make each Argon I they use 6 doodles and 3 skeeters. To make the Argon II they use 10 doodles and 8 skeeters. the company has a total of 760 doodles and 500 skeeters each day form the supplier. How many units of each model of the Argon can the company make each day? Assume that all the parts are used.

I'm letting X be the number of units of the Argon I and Y be the number of units of the Argon II. but I don't know how to organize the set up of the problem using the skeeters and doodles! ;) HELP!

Re: Word Problems!

Kristen_Opp said:
Universal Control Co. Kames industrial control units. Their new models are the Argon I and the Argon II. To make each Argon I they use 6 doodles and 3 skeeters. To make the Argon II they use 10 doodles and 8 skeeters. the company has a total of 760 doodles and 500 skeeters each day form the supplier. How many units of each model of the Argon can the company make each day? Assume that all the parts are used.

I'm letting X be the number of units of the Argon I and Y be the number of units of the Argon II. but I don't know how to organize the set up of the problem using the skeeters and doodles! ;) HELP!

Each unit of Argon I takes 6 doodles, so x units will require 6x doodles. Each unit of the Argon II takes 10 doodles, so y units will require 10y doodles. They have a supply of 760 doodles and they're going to use them all. So,
6x + 10y = 760

Now....can you do something similar for the skeeters?