URGENT!! Need help with homework due tonight by midnight

Tippyspade1223

Let f be the function that is given by f(x) = ax + b / x^2- c and that has the following properties.
(i) The graph of f is symmetric with respect to the y-axis.
(ii) The limit of x as it approaches 2 from the right is positive infinity
(iii) f′(1)=−2

Write an equation for each vertical and each horizontal asymptote of the graph of f.

Please help me I have no clue whats going on

Let f be the function that is given by f(x) = ax + b / x^2- c and that has the following properties.
(iii) f′(1)=−2
Write an equation for each vertical and each horizontal asymptote of the graph of f.

Can you find the expression for f'(x)?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

(iii) f′(1)=−2

I'm guessing that you mean f(x) = (ax + b)/(x^2 - c).

Write out what it means that the graph is symmetric with respect to the y-axis. Which parameter does that tell you?

What asymptote does the second condition determine? What part of the expression does that tell you about? (There is one main implication, and more follow.)

What my teacher told mentioned something about it being even also yes I did mean with parenthesis

What my teacher told mentioned something about it being even also yes I did mean with parenthesis
Have you considered starting drawing? What's important about [math]x = \pm\sqrt{c}[/math]. Wait, must [math]c \ge 0[/math]?

Is there a y-intercept?

I'm pretty sure the " limit of x as it approaches 2 from the right ..." is 2. How could it be anything else? Perhaps you mean the limit of f(x) as x approaches 2+.

It would be much easier to solve the problem if the problem statement were not so full of confusion.