Urgent! Problem needs to be solved for tonight's homework!

TUNIT125

Can someone please assist me with solving 2 problems.

sqrt(4/3)/5 = (5*sqrt(2))/2. I am tryng to do this by hand and I can't figure out how to simplify it to get (5*sqrt(2))/2.

What is the "solving" that you're doing? (I don't see a variable to solve for, is why I ask.) And what is the second of the "two problems" you mention?

Please reply with the full and exact text of each exercise, the complete instructions for each, and a clear listing of what you have done and where you are stuck.

Thank you.

Eliz.

Re: Urgent! Problem needs to be solved for tonight's homewor

Hello, TUNIT125!

Somthing is definitely wrong here . . .

Can someone please assist me with solving 2 problems?

sqrt(4/3)/5 = (5*sqrt(2))/2.
I am tryng to do this by hand and I can't figure out how to simplify it to get (5*sqrt(2))/2.
No wonder . . . They are not equal!

\(\displaystyle \L\frac{\sqrt{\frac{4}{3}}}{5} \:=\:0.230940108\)

\(\displaystyle \L\frac{5\sqrt{2}}{2} \:= \:3.535533906\)

And what is the second problem?

sorry I wrote the wrong problem It was suppose to be

sqrt(4/5)/ 5 = 5*sqrt(2) /2 and Im trying to go the calculation by hand. I'm not looking for the approx. value. [/tex]

TUNIT125 said:
It was suppose to be sqrt(4/5)/ 5 = 5*sqrt(2) /2 and Im trying to go the calculation by hand.
This is still a false equation. There is still no variable. What are you "solving" for? What "calculation" are you needing to do? What is the actual exercise? What are the instructions? What have you tried?

And what is the second exercise?

Thank you.

Eliz.

Sorry

I am not solveing for a variable at this point the answer is solve but I am simpliying it. sorry for the error but the equation is

( sqrt(4/5))/ 5 = (2*sqrt(5)) /25

and I dont know how to do this with out a calculator

TUNIT125 said:
I am not solveing for a variable...I am simpliying it.
One "simplifies" an expression; one "solves" an equation.

You have posted an equation -- one which happens to be false. There is no amount of "simplifying" any part of this "equation" that could possibly "solve" it.

TUNIT125 said:
I dont know how to do this with out a calculator
You don't know how to do what?

I don't mean to be argumentative, but we really can't help you find the answer when we still don't know what the question is.

Please reply with the full and exact text of the exercise, the complete instructions, and a clear listing of your work and reasoning thus far.

Thank you.

Eliz.

Ok well I figured my problem out
Sqrt(4/5)/5 = (sqrt(4)*sqrt(1/5))/5 = 2*(sqrt(1)/sqrt(5))/5 =( 2/sqrt(5))/5= 2/(5*sqrt(5)) and if you multiply by sqrt(5)/sqrt(5) you get (2*sqrt(5))/25. I couldn't figure out those steps in between but I figured it out thanks alot for the help