Urgent- Solving Exponential and Logarithmic Equations!!!!!!!

asimon2005

In Ex. 1-8, determine whether each x-value is a solution of the equation.

3. 3e^x+2=75
(b) -2 + ln25
(c) x approx 1.2189

7. ln9x-1)=3.8
(b) x approx 45.7012
(c) x=1 + ln 3.8

In Ex. 9-16 solve the equation f(x)= g(x) algebraically.

11. f(x)=5^x-2-15
g(x)=10

In Ex 43-60 solve the exponential equation algebraically. Round your result to three decimal places. Use a graphing utility to verify your answer.

43. 8^3x=360

45. 2e^5x=18

47. 500e^-x=300

In Ex 73-92, solve the logarithmic equation algebraically. Round the result to three decimal places. Verify your answer using a graphing utility.

81. 7 log4(0.6x)=12

83. ln sq. root(x+2)=1

89. ln(x+5)=ln(x-1)-ln(x+1)

In eX 97-102., use the zero or rooot feature or the zooom and trace features of a graphing utility to approximate the solution of the logarithmic equation accurate to three decimal places.

99. logbase3 x+logbase3 (x-3)=1

asimon2005 said:
In Ex. 1-8, determine whether each x-value is a solution of the equation.

3. 3e^x+2=75
(b) -2 + ln25
(c) x approx 1.2189

Are you trying to tell us that you've been given -2 + ln(25) as a value of x and you've determined that this expression for x is approximately 1.2189?

If so, then you've done that part right.

I'm not entirely sure what you're typing here. Why is there no line beginning with (a)?

If you want to know whether or not the expression -2 + ln(25) is a solution to the given equation, then use a calculator.

Enter 3 * e^(-2 + ln(25)) + 2, and see if the calculator gives 75.

If it does, then -2 + ln(25) is a solution.

7. ln9x-1)=3.8 This looks like a typographical error. Where does the open parenthesis belong?
(b) x approx 45.7012
(c) x=1 + ln 3.8

Again, I'm not sure what you're typing here. Why is there no line beginning with (a)?

On this one, the expression 1 + ln(3.8) is not even close to 45.7012. Are (b) and (c) two different problems?

In Ex. 9-16 solve the equation f(x)= g(x) algebraically.

11. f(x)=5^x-2-15 This looks like another typographical error. Are you sure the problem has 2 minus 15 in it?

Is the subtraction of 2 taking place in the exponent, instead?

f(x) = 5^(x - 2) - 15

g(x) = 10

If so, then replace the variable f(x) with the number 10.

In other words, the following equation represents the relationship f(x) = g(x).

5^(x - 2) - 15 = 10

Solve for x.

Again, from what you've typed, I'm not sure what this exercise actually is.

At this point, I'm not reading any further. This laundry list of exercises covers several weeks of instruction in class. This web site is not an on-line classroom.

Please read the post titled, "Read Before Posting". It outlines your responsibilities for seeking help at this web site.

I suggest that you read your textbook, work through the given examples, learn something about what you're doing, check out how to type mathematical expressions (point to "Forum Help" at the top of this page, and select "Karl's Notes - Typing Math"), use Google to investigate additional examples on the Internet (if you need them), try to accomplish some work on each of these, come back when you've familiarized yourself with these types of exercises and you're starting to catch up on the several weeks of missing instruction, proofread what you've typed before submitting it here (by using the Preview button) to double-check that your typing makes sense, and -- in the future -- don't wait until your situation becomes "urgent" before seeking help.

Feel free to come back when you can show some work on these exercises. At the very least, you need to tell us something about what you know, so that we can determine where to begin helping you on each exercise. You also need to make sure that you're giving us correct information. (How can we begin, if we can't understand what you've typed?)

I wish you good fortune. :)