Volleyball: What point win % does Team A have serving against Team B?

boredinexcel

I'm trying to figure something out and wondering if I need more information or if this.

When serving, volleyball Team A wins the point 60% of the time against an average opponent. The opposing Team B against an average opponent wins the point while receiving 44% of the time.

The average volleyball point won on a serve: 58%
Average volleyball point won on a return: 42%

What point win % does Team A have serving against Team B?

When serving, volleyball Team A wins the point 60% of the time against an average opponent. The opposing Team B against an average opponent wins the point while receiving 44% of the time.

The average volleyball point won on a serve: 58%
Average volleyball point won on a return: 42%

What point win % does Team A have serving against Team B?

I'm trying to figure something out and wondering if I need more information or if this.
Is what you've posted the entire text of the exercise they gave you? If so, then there's probably enough information. Why do you doubt? Also, why do you feel that this is an "Algebra" exercise, rather than probability?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so we can see where you're getting bogged down. Thank you! ;)

Is what you've posted the entire text of the exercise they gave you? If so, then there's probably enough information. Why do you doubt? Also, why do you feel that this is an "Algebra" exercise, rather than probability?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so we can see where you're getting bogged down. Thank you! ;)

woops I thought I posted it in probability. Here is what I have

Team A Serving Win % vs. average opponent: 58%
Team A Defense Win % vs. average opponent: 43%

Team B Serving Win % vs. average opponent: 56%
Team B Defense Win % vs. average serve: 42%

Average Serving Win %: 55%
Average Defense Win %: 43%

I tried: TeamAServe x AvgDef / BDef which I thought would be the solution but then I tried it in reverse BDefense * AvgServe/TeamAServe and those #'s don't add up to 100%.